Learn digital skills
We know how important it is for you to have access to technology and have the digital skills you need for everyday life. From paying bills online, staying in touch with family and friends to searching for jobs and learning new software for the workplace - it is more important than ever to get online!
There are many free online resources and learning available to develop your digital skills, at your own pace and in your own way.
- Redbridge Institute for Adult Education - Courses available on essential digital skills for life, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and using your iPhone and iPad
- New City College (Redbridge) - Free digital courses to grow your confidence and stay connected as well as receive industry certifications
- Learn My Way - Learn how to use your computer or device, set up an email account, search and explore the internet and communicate with friends and family online. Suitable for beginners
- iDEA - Online learning platform for everyone to help develop digital awareness and employability skills for free
- How to create an email account
- Barclays Digital Eagles - Learning resources, videos and events to build your digital skills
- Microsoft - Pick a training or workshop that will help boost your business skills and encourage learning
- HMRC Advice and Digital Assistance Service - Support for individuals that use HMRC services including setting up and managing an online account and applying for HMRC related benefits
Digital workplace skills
Looking for work or planning to change or develop your career? Here is a list of online courses and resources to help you upskill.
- Work Redbridge - Access employment, training, volunteering and start-up business support
- The Skills Toolkit - Free courses to help you build new digital skills to get a new job
- Make It Click - Learn about new apps and improve the skills you already have to take a positive step forward in your work
- Skills to Succeed Academy - Interactive training to help you build the skills and confidence for the future
- FutureLearn - Learn online with universities and industry experts
Training for businesses and voluntary organisations
- Make It Click small business hub - Learn how to build a small business online and start selling products or services
Worried about online safety?
Get expert advice and guidance on online safety from the following:
- National Cyber Security Centre - Advice to protect you and your family, and the technology you rely on
- Learn My Way online safety - Learn more about online safety and how to help keep you, your personal information and your devices safe
- Internet Matters - Help for parents to keep their children safe online