There are many free online resources and learning available to develop your digital skills.
- Redbridge Institute for Adult Education - Courses available on essential digital skills for life, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and using your iPhone and iPad
- New City College (Redbridge) - Free digital courses to grow your confidence and stay connected
- Learn My Way - Learn how to use your computer or device, set up an email account, search and explore the internet and communicate with friends and family online. Suitable for beginners
- iDEA - online learning platform for everyone to help develop digital awareness and employability skills for free
- How to create an email account
- Barclays Digital Eagles - learning resources, videos and events to build your digital skills
- AbiityNet - Step by step guides to make your device easier to use if you are living with a disability or impairment
- Microsoft - Offers virtual workshops and training taught by Microsoft associates
- HMRC Advice and Digital Assistance Service - Support for individuals that use HMRC services including setting up and managing an online account and applying for HMRC related benefits
Digital workplace skills
Looking for work or planning to change or develop your career? Here is a list of online courses and resources to help you upskill.
- Work Redbridge - Access employment, training, volunteering and start-up business support
- The Skills Toolkit – Free courses to help you build new digital skills or get a new job
- Make It Click - Free courses, tools and templates that you can trust. You can learn about new apps, improve the skills you already have and take a positive step forward in your work
- Skills to Succeed Academy - Free and interactive training to help you build the skills and confidence for the future
- FutureLearn - Learn online with universities and industry experts
- Microsoft Digital Skills Hub - Find learning resources that will empower you to build a career in technology
Training for businesses and voluntary organisations
- Make It Click - Learn how to get your small business online, start promoting your work and using social media
Worried about online safety?
- National Cyber Security Centre - Advice to protect you and your family, and the technology you rely on
- Learn My Way online safety - Learn more about online safety and how to help keep you, your personal information and your devices safe
- Internet Matters - Help for parents to keep their children safe online